Saturday, November 9, 2013

On the water.

"I got a away from the big screen and got on a big stream a few days ago." There's nothing like being near the water on a beautiful fall day. Recently, I went on a kayak adventure on the Duck River. What a great day to be on the water with friends! If more folks would do this, then there would be a lot more happiness!

 
While paddling, I heard a loud sound. It actually sounded like my neighbor raking leaves at 6:00 am in the morning, next to my bedroom window. I looked up the steep bank and spotted a very chubby animal. It even looks like my neighbor. It was a woodchuck, also known as a groundhog or land-beaver. Luckily he was only foraging in the leaves and not chucking wood. 
 
Here comes "Fancy Paddle." The reason I call him fancy paddle is because his paddles cost more than my Kayak. No kidding, they're a piece of art. 

Do you feel the warmth? There is nothing like a warm fire on a cool fall day. Notice that large back log. Perfect for radiating the heat, in fact it was so hot I had to rotisserate to keep from getting burned.

The perfect end of a fall adventure, Halloween Stew! My kayak buddy prepared a pot of Halloween stew, dutch oven style. I asked what is Halloween stew and he said that he carved the carrots like little pumpkins. Hmmm....I'm not sure about that. Anyway, why does food taste better near the water after a full day's adventure?


Amazing, check-out those little carved pumpkin carrots!
Hope you enjoyed the post. Remember: ..."Life is short, Get away from the big screen and get on a big stream or at least put one on the wall"
WWW.LEOLAKES.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment