Friday, November 15, 2013

Flying in for a landing, LeoLakes Maps

I add waterfowl to most of my decor maps. Normally, I place three Canadian geese somewhere cruising to the water, low and preparing to land.
My objective is to have them almost seem to float over the terrain. I also add a Great Blue Heron, Geese, Osprey, Sea Gulls, Pelicans etc... depending on the location of the body of water.



On canvas maps, after printing, I actually (touch-up) hand paint the waterfowl to make them pop and give the map an original painting effect. These details help sets Leo Lakes maps apart from others and give that personal touch. My ultimate goal is to provide a decor map that will become a treasured map. Remember: Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream, or at least put one on the wall!

Click Here to see more decor maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment