Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fishing in the gulf!

Just got back from spring break to Florida. While walking on the beach near Lemon Bay Florida, I took a photo of this fisherman catching a fish in the Gulf of Mexico.
On the gulf side of the bay lots of folks swim and a few fish. What kind of fish is on the other end of the line?
Hmmm...A black tip shark. I looked up the black tip to see what I could learn. They grow to about 9ft long and are common in the gulf. Interestingly, 16% of all shark bites are by the black tip, but there has been only one death. Still, I'm glad I wasn't swimming in the gulf today.
Looks like the shark is about two & half feet long.
If you look carefully, I think the black tip is smiling! Later I will post the fish that we caught while on spring break.

"Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream."

No comments:

Post a Comment