Friday, August 1, 2014

Vintage Style Maps

I talk with a lot folks who have fallen in love with the body of water they live on, grew up on, visit or have family history with. My wife came up with this poem, which puts in words, how folks feel about there special lake, river, or bay.


"As I look over this waterscape, The most amazing scenes appears in its wake, The sun arises just above the shore, Giving grace and beauty to this place that I adore." LKO

I started out creating a map of a beloved river that I adore. This small beginning has developed into a fun business. I understand how folks feel about there lake, river, or bay and am lucky to create treasured maps for folks that have treasured memories of there special places. Below I wanted to share a few emails that I receive from these water lovers when they receive one of my treasured maps. 




Customer Email 8/1/14: Larry, I am practically speechless.........when my husband opened the carton and that amazingly beautiful map lay inside we were both overcome.  He could not believe that he had received such an amazing gift and I was just beside myself as this had far exceeded my expectations.  I was so very worried that this would be a product that looks really good on line but when you get it, the product is a disappointment.  What we found was an amazing piece that is truly a "treasured map". Thanks again for all your help, but most of all thank you for sharing your talent! 

Customer Email 7/23/14:Hi Larry, Another satisfied customer! The map arrived today (stuck in Nashville for 2 days; go figure). She LOVES it! Opened it while I listened. You included such a wonderful note! That makes it even more special and I appreciate it all the more. We have websites here for the island and for the Lakes Region. I'm planning to tell everyone about my map and give them directions to the website, so be ready! Thanks again for a truly unique product. PS.... Don't be surprised if you hear from my other daughter and son-in-law. They will be green with envy when they see this map! 

Customer Email 7/15/14: Thank you Larry!  Fantastic.....The map is beautiful and I can't wait to hang it in how lake cabin. I will be ordering more for some of my lake friends.

Customer Email 6/13/14: Larry, our map arrived yesterday and we love it!  It is beautiful and we can't wait to frame it and hang it on our wall so all our friends and family can see it.  I would highly recommend you to anyone wanting a lake map for their home too, it is really beautiful and I consider it a piece of artwork too. Thank you so much! 


hide a tiny mermaid/fish in the waters of all my lake map paintings that folks love to search for. I call my maps treasured maps because most folks have that special body of water that they treasure. These maps make great gifts for the lake house owner, lake lover, or fisherman. I have over two hundred on my website that can be purchased right from the site, or I can do custom and personalizes lake, river or bay maps, too. If you would like to see more and read about my treasured maps go to LeoMaps.com


As you can see, my maps make a great gift. To see more of my work click here www.LeoLakes.com


Remember: Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment