Saturday, June 22, 2013

Reelfoot Lake Decor Map

In the last post, I posted a picture of a beautiful, naturally made lake. That lake was Reelfoot Lake, which is located in the northwest corner of Tennessee. This lake was formed in the early 1800s by a massive earthquake. The Mississippi River actually flowed backwards into this area for several hours to form the lake.


I took this picture of the lake. Interestingly, there are four creatures in the picture, can you spot all four? Click on the picture to enlarge. I call this my animal dyslexia picture because if you can't find all four, then you may have animal dyslexia and need to spent more time at a river, lake or bay.

Two weeks ago, I was in Samburg, in fact the photo above was taken near Samburg. I did a painting of Reelfoot Lake that came out great.


I paint river, lake, and bay decor maps and hide things in the waters. I don't hide snapping turtles, but I do hide a tiny mermaid/fish in the waters of all my lake map paintings that folks love to search for. I call my maps treasured maps because most folks have that special body of water that they treasure. These maps make great gifts for the lake house owner, lake lover, or fisherman. I have over two hundred on my website that can be purchased right from the site, or I can do custom and personalizes lake, river or bay maps, too. If you would like to see more and read about my treasured maps go to LeoMaps.com

Remember, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream, in order to avoid animal dyslexia. Hope you enjoyed.





No comments:

Post a Comment