Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lake House Art, Heron Painting

Believe it or not, before I started painting lakes, river, and lakes maps, I painted waterfowl. Check-out this painting of a Great Blue Heron in acrylic. I titled  it "Blue Heron Monday" because of the mood of the painting, cold and windy. When I was young, I would often see a heron when I was fishing. I added a lure, which is actually from a childhood memory.  This lure is like the one that I use to fish with when I was 10-12 years old. Interestingly, I add a Great Blue Heron to most of my maps.      


Anyway, check-out my vintage style lake maps, makes a great gift. Click here, Leolakes.com to see if we have your map. We have many popular lake maps such as the Lake Winnipesaukee, Great Sacandaga Lake, Lewis Smith Lake, Pickwick Lake, Greer's Ferry Lake, Lake Sidney Lanier, Lake Sinclair, Table Rock Lake, and Lake Wallenpaupack. Also, we paint custom maps and have personalized maps for that special someone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment