Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Norfork Lake Map Painting

Just finished a large print of beautiful Norfork Lake, which is located in Arkansas on the North Fork River. I always add waterfowl flying over with shadows, which makes it appear 3-D. Also, on canvas printed maps, I touch up the waterfowl and others areas with paint to bring out the image.

Normally, I add a vintage plane flying over and if you look close you may see a mermaid or fish in the waters.

Here's the end result. This is the traditional style map and I also do a more creative style. It's difficult to show the detail and color on the internet. I try to have the golden colors come through like a crackling fire. Can you feel the warmth?

hid a tiny mermaid/fish in the waters and folks love to search for her. I call my maps treasured maps because most folks have that special body of water that they treasure, like Norfork Lake. These maps make great gifts for the lake house owner, lake lover, or fisherman. I have over two hundred on my website that can be purchased right from the site, or I can do custom and personalizes lake, river or bay maps, too. If you would like to see more and read about my treasured maps go to LeoLakes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment