Monday, February 11, 2019

Beautiful Cook Inlet

I'm going to Alaska in June and I'm starting to plan the trip. I remember doing a map of Cook Inlet a few months ago and thought that I would post about some interestingly features in Alaska.

What's the interesting feature about Cook Inlet? The inlet stretches for about 180 miles with Anchorage located near the north end. There are two active volcanoes located near Cook Inlet, Augustine and Mount Redoubt. There is an abundance of  oil and gas deposits around the Cook Inlet basin and many platforms dot the land and seascape.
Beluga whales can be seen in the inlet. It's been determined that these are an isolated stock that are genetically distinct and are on the endangered species list. As you can see, there's a lot of interesting features on Cook Inlet, but to me, the most interesting is Tidal bores. What are Tidal Bores, bugs, holes, caves? Nope, but it only happens in a few places on earth, one of these being Turnagain Arm near Anchorage.
Check-out my decor maps LeoLakes.com. Most folks add a star to a special place such as a lake house, river  house or where they caught that big fish. I've been doing lake, river and bay maps for approximately seven years. Over the years, I have experimented with different elements of map art in order to provide the best and most unique map on the market. Folks will be drawn to the map like a crackling fire on a cold winter night.  I try very hard to make my maps special by adding interest to the maps. LeoLakes.com
Also, each framed map or map over 16x32, comes with a certificate of authenticity, lake poem, and interesting facts abut the map. 



I have hundreds of maps on my website that can be purchased right from the site, or I can do custom and personalized vintage style lake maps, too. Lake maps will add beauty to your Lake House Decor! Find out more interesting facts about my treasured maps by going to LeoLakes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment