Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My new 1957 chevy, sort of.........

I've been thinking about purchasing a travel trailer to roam around the country and to visit more lakes. My current vehicle does not have the tow capacity to tow a nice size travel trailer. In fact, back in December of last year I bought a new vehicle that would fit the bill. I evaluated whether to purchase a pick-up truck or a full size SUV. I finally settled on a full size SUV because it is a bit smaller than a pick-up truck and easier for my wife to drive. Now, which SUV should I buy? For some reason, I was drawn to the Nissan Armada. It was like a moth to a flame, sort of.  Anyway, I purchased the Armada and love it.
After having it for a few months, I started wondering why I was drawn to it so strongly?  Was it because this vehicle met my needs and looked nice or was something else pushing me toward this SUV? Then I realized something, my new Armada reminded me of my father's old fishing vehicle, an old beloved 1957 Chevrolet Station Wagon. Little did I know, but I was really looking for a comfort vehicle. 
See it? Doesn't the 1957 look a little like the 2017 Armada? Now remember that the difference between these two vehicles are 60 years apart, but you can still see some similarities. Here's what I mean.   
It's red, it's wagon like, it has lots of chrome, both have a seven in the date, it has a fin, yes a fin...... See it now, sort of? This proves it to me, deep down I wanted a comfort vehicle. What is a comfort vehicle? I define just like comfort food, its any vehicle that provides consolation or a feeling of well being, typically any vehicle associated with fond feeling during childhood. No doubt about it, I had strong feelings for the 1957 Chevy and I guess this new vehicle called them up. They say, as you get older, you go back to your childhood, looks like I have.  Oh yeah, my daughter named the Armada. We call it "Abe" because the color so close to a new shiny penny.


Oh Yeah, I paint beautiful lake, river and bay decor maps. Paddle over to my website, LeoLakes.comFolks are discovering that these decor maps are wonderfully unique gifts that become family heirlooms. Oh yeah, I hide things in the lake waters, such as a tiny mermaid/fish. Folks love to search for them. I call my maps, treasured maps because most folks have that special body of water that they treasure. My treasured maps make a great gifts for the fisherman, lake lover, or Lake house. 

As you can see, my maps make a great gift.   Click here www.LeoLakes.com for more information.


Just remember: "Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream".

No comments:

Post a Comment