Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Osprey Dive

I was lucky to capture a few photos of this Osprey flying over Lemon Bay in Florida. This guy or gal has all the latest gear and years of experience to catch a fish. Above the water, the Osprey spots a fish, dives down with its talons ready to tag a fish.  
As I watched, the Osprey maneuvered into a full dive. The Osprey hit the water with a big splash. Amazing what an impact! They're really are tough birds.
Out of the water, but an unsuccessful fishing trip. That was a lot of work with out a meal to show for it.
Later in the day, I did capture a photo of the Osprey on a pole with his catch. Amazingly the fish was still flopping around, but the Osprey had him with those sharp talons. This is certainly fresh sushi. 
Paddle over to my website, LEOLAKES.com I do custom and personalizes lake, river and bay maps. Folks are discovering that these decor maps are wonderfully unique gifts that become family heirlooms. Oh yeah, I hide things in the lakes waters, which make the maps even more interesting. I hide a tiny mermaid/fish in the waters of all my lake map paintings that folks love to search for. I call my maps treasured maps because most folks have that special body of water that they treasure. Makes great Christmas gifts for the fisherman, lake lover, or Lake house owner. 
"Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream." 

No comments:

Post a Comment