Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Custom vintage style Lake, River and Bay maps

Below is a personalized, vintage style map of beautiful Greers Ferry Lake that I completed for a customer a few weeks ago. I used my watercolor  painting of Greers Ferry and added the customers memories (photos) to the map. This map was a gift for someone special that had fond memories of Greers Ferry Lake. The photos added a nice touch that turned a beautiful vintage style map into a wonderful family heirloom and a treasured map.

The customer emailed me color photos, in which I converted to black and white to give them that vintage look. I carefully positioned the photos around the map for the best view. Also, I hide a tiny mermaid in the waters.

Here's a letter from one of my customers:
"I was finally able to give my husband the map I bought for his birthday last night. I want you to know how beautiful it was and how touched he was by it. He loves this Lake. His family has a home there and when we are lucky we get away for a few days, it’s the only place we want to be. He actually had tears in his eyes. Thank you for the beautiful art work."

As you can see, my maps make a great gift. To see more of my work click here www.LeoLakes.com. Remember: Life is short, get away from the big screen and get on a big stream.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment