Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vintage Style Maps of rivers, lakes and bays.


I just completed this treasured map of Lewis Smith Lake in Alabama. It's a large 2 feet x 4 feet and printed on  canvas.  
My goal is for the map to almost glow. 


I hide things in the waters of the river, lake or bay.

On canvas prints, I come back and hand paint the waterfowl to make them pop and to appear as if they float over the map. I just noticed in this photo that if you look closely you may find something swimming in the water.

I don't hide snapping turtles, but I do hide a tiny mermaid/fish in the waters of all my lake map paintings that folks love to search for. I call my maps treasured maps because most folks have that special body of water that they treasure. These maps make great gifts for the lake house owner, lake lover, or fisherman. I have over two hundred on my website that can be purchased right from the site, or I can do custom and personalizes lake, river or bay maps, too. If you would like to see more and read about my treasured maps go to LeoMaps.com
 
As you can see, my maps make a great gift. To see more of my work click above.
Remember: Get away from the big screen and get on a big stream, if not, put one on the wall."

No comments:

Post a Comment